CASA Kane County is looking for volunteers. CASA stands for Court Appointed Special Advocates.
CASA Kane County is a Guardian ad Litem, nonprofit volunteer organization that advocates for the best interest of children in abuse, neglect and private guardianship cases within the Juvenile Court system. This advocation process trains volunteers to serve children based upon a five (5) point model:
- LEARN all you can about the child and his or her family and life.
- ENGAGE with the child during regular visits.
- RECOMMEND volunteers speak up for the child’s best interests in court.
- COLLABORATE with others to ensure that necessary precautions are provided and are in the child’s best interest.
- REPORT what you have learned and observed to the court.
If this is something that appeals to you please visit www.casakanecounty.org/volunteer/ to find out about next steps.
If you don’t have the time to volunteer remember that CASA Kane always accepts financial donations. These donations can come in the form of:
- Direct Support/Recurring Giving,
- Gift Cards and Incidentals,
- Planned Giving,
- Grow A Healthy Child Garden Program, and/or
- Amazon Smile Program.
Please visit www.casakanecounty.org/how-to-give/ to learn more!